Clarksdale Collegiate Public Charter School is unapologetically college preparatory. In order to achieve our mission, we are guided by and will operate under the following core beliefs:
- ALL students excel within structured, ambitious, and jubilant environments.
- ALL students grow and achieve with hard work and effective teachers.
- Comprehensive, targeted, and practice-based training ensures an effective teacher in every classroom.
- College preparatory curriculum, rigorous assessments, and data-driven instruction propel student achievement.
- Transformative literacy – reading, writing, and speaking on or above grade level – is the foundation for all academic success.
- Values-based character education supports students’ personal growth, academic achievement, and life success.
- More time on task, prioritized on the core subjects and individualized daily interventions, accelerates student achievement.
- Successful schools invest families in the mission, and provide clear strategies to support the success of their children.
- Successful schools close the achievement and opportunity gaps by strategically exposing students to their community and world.
To learn how you can support Clarksdale Collegiate with your professional expertise, personal passion or other valued contribution, please contact Lead Founder Amanda Johnson
Amanda Johnson along with the Clarksdale Collegiate Board of Directors is leading the work of founding Clarksdale Collegiate for the students and families in the Mississippi Delta. Amanda Johnson is a Building Excellent Schools Fellow and experienced educator in the Mississippi Delta. The success of Clarksdale Collegiate depends upon the collective efforts and committed individuals who believe in our mission for every child.
Clarksdale Collegiate proposes to open in the Fall of 2018 with kindergarten, first, and second grade. If you are interested in learning more about Clarksdale Collegiate for your child, please sign up for updates.